Our dedicated team of professional staff are committed to providing patients with the highest standards of care. Throughout our patients’ stay, from pre-admission to discharge, each patient will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
PRE ADMISSION INFORMATION
Pre-admission is an important part of your hospital care. To ensure we can confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements, we ask that you:
- Fill in the online admission form, or complete the admission form that you would have received from your doctor, as soon as possible and send it back to the hospital.
Please have the following ready when you fill in your admission form:
- Personal/Next of Kin details
- Medicare Card
- Funding details (eg DVA, Private health insurance, workcover or self funding)
- Benefit details (eg pharmacy benefit card or pension card)
- Item numbers if these were quoted by doctors’ rooms
- Information your doctor supplied to you re implantable medical devices (eg prosthetic and disposables) – If applicable.
- If you have any concerns with step 1, please telephone 02 8876 9300 between 8.30am and 5.00 pm or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have private health cover, please contact your health fund prior to check for any excess or waiting periods. We know that health and billing charges can be difficult to understand and we are happy to assist in any way we can, however we also advise that you seek clarification from your doctor and health fund.
The hospital will contact you regarding admission and fasting times between 1pm and 4pm one working day prior to your admission.
(If you are coming from the country, please contact us on 8876 9300 48 hours prior to your admission)
You need to discuss with your doctor if your medication should be taken on the day of surgery. Any patients on blood thinning medications should discuss with their doctors if this should be ceased. It may need to be ceased several days prior to admission.
DAY OF ADMISSION INFORMATION
On the day of admission
Please check in with the Front Reception in the Main Foyer at the time indicated by your doctor, and you will be directed to your admission area.
Your doctor will inform you of the scheduled time for your surgery and subsequent ‘nil by mouth’ time. This means nothing to eat or drink, including water, prior to your operation.
Please bring with you into hospital anything applicable to your admission including:
- doctor’s admission letter
- health fund number / details (if applicable)
- medicare card
- regular medications
- pension health benefits card (if applicable)
- pharmaceutical benefits card (if applicable)
- relevant x-rays and / or test results
- for a child - favourite toy, formula, bottle and any special dietary needs (if applicable)
- night attire
- personal articles i.e. sanitary pads (if applicable)
- method for settling your account
- please do not bring valuables
DO NOT (unless your doctor gives you special instructions):
- Eat or drink anything after midnight for morning surgery
- Eat or drink anything after 7am for afternoon surgery – (a light breakfast prior to 7am is acceptable ie. tea and toast)
- Smoke cigarettes or chew gum
- Wear jewellery. A wedding ring and watch are permitted
- Bring valuables ie. mobile phone and large amounts of cash
- Wear make-up or nail polish
Day procedure patients (additional information)
- Please shower on the day of admission before coming to the Day Procedure Unit and put on clean clothes
- Wear garments that are comfortable and easy to remove
- Check with your nurse before informing relatives / friends regarding the time that you should be picked up
Download preadmission documents