Information for Day Rehabilitation Patients
Hunters Hill Day Rehabilitation Program is suitable if you have established rehabilitation needs but do not need the support of inpatient medical or nursing care. You may have stayed with us as an inpatient or have been referred to one of our Specialists from your GP.
Once Hunters Hill has received your written referral and we have completed the necessary documentation we will organise an initial assessment with your Rehabilitation Specialist and our Therapists.
The length of your program and the type of therapies you will be undertaking will be determined at these initial assessments. Your whole program will be scheduled by our Day Program Co-ordinator.
On the first day of your therapy, you will need to visit the reception just inside the main entrance of the hospital. You will need to bring the following documentation with you
- Referral letters
- Relevant x-rays
- Private health fund insurance details
- Medicare card
- Compensation details if your treatment is related to a workers compensation or third party claim
- Pensioner, pharmaceutical benefits and concession card
You will then be shown to the Day Program lounge and a member of our Day Program team will give you a tour of the facilities and amenities.
If you are unable to attend one of your therapy days please advise the Day Program Office as soon as possible. It is also important to attend all scheduled therapies, otherwise your health fund will not cover you for that day and you will be invoiced as an outpatient.
Day Program patients are expected to be independent and move between therapy areas, changing after hydrotherapy, etc and therefore need to be accompanied by a carer if assistance is required.
You need to be comfortable whilst having your therapy and therefore we ask you to wear the following:
- Comfortable, flat and closed shoes
- Comfortable clothing including tracksuits, pants and shorts. Please do not wear skirts or any tight fitting clothing
- Swimming costume and towel if you are doing Hydrotherapy
- Any personal toiletries as there are shower facilities available to you.
Lunch and morning and afternoon tea are provided in the Day Program Lounge.
If you have any questions, regarding your suitability as a Day Program Patient please contact our Day Program on 8876 9354.